Nomadix Inc., a technology leader in the hospitality and multi-residence industries, today announced its new product line, Nomadix Alerts. This solution includes a smart badge, cloud-based incident and analytics dashboard, and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. Nomadix Alerts helps protect isolated hotel staff from threats and harassment and offers built-in fall detection. The device also monitors, alerts and reports the quality and security of the hotel Wi-Fi network.
Nomadix will showcase the new solution at HITEC Orlando, June 28-30, 2022 at booth #1617. HITEC attendees are welcome to stop by for a demonstration.
The technology, a natural extension of Nomadix’s comprehensive suite of hotel and guest-facing internet technologies, is the result of a strategic acquisition. The founder of the acquired company, Benoit Le Gall, now serves as vice president of business development for Nomadix. Benoit brings deep product expertise and a proven track record of executive leadership in the hospitality industry.
“As the hospitality industry moves closer to recovery, hoteliers must do all they can to attract and retain employees; it starts with keeping them safe,” said Tammy Estes, Product Manager, Nomadix. “Nomadix Alerts is the perfect addition to our product portfolio as we expand our ability to power connected experiences beyond guests to staff. In addition to improving a hotel’s security standards, Nomadix Alerts leverages network technology to monitor Wi-Fi connectivity to enable properties to maintain constant connectivity. And the solution brings an extra level of employee safety through automatic fall detection – something few, if any, hotel panic button vendors offer today. »
The 5-star resort Jiva Hill in France, which has 50 luxury rooms, tested the badge’s alert function. Fabrice Mercier, Managing Director, said: “Our team feels protected from threats and falls when wearing the device. There is no infrastructure and the system was installed in minutes, connecting them even in isolated areas including our spa, suites and stairwells. If an incident were to occur, the housekeeping service would instantly receive an SMS alert. Now that we are using the device, we believe it is important to continue to protect our staff.
Employee safety is essential
With hotels now having difficulty recruiting staff, it is even more important that management demonstrates a safe working environment. Hoteliers committed to the AHLA 5-Star Pledge and other global safeguard initiatives should fulfill their commitments by deploying employee notification devices that signal that employee safety is at risk, by the end of 2022. Nomadix Alerts responds to this requirement with the added benefit of Wi-Fi analytics to proactively monitor and report on the health of the hotel Wi-Fi network.
- Emergency button: Colleagues in isolation in rooms, at the spa, at reception at night or in other areas can call for help at the push of a button. The badge sends an instant alert and has an integrated geolocator.
- Fall detection: An alert is triggered without pressing the button if the staff is pushed or falls.
- Wi-Fi analysis tool: To help hoteliers increase their quality of Wi-Fi service, reduce guest complaints, and secure property networks, the badge monitors the health and security of hotel Wi-Fi. The cloud-based dashboard provides details on unexpected interference, coverage issues, and cyberattacks, with audit logs, performance metrics, consolidated reports, and real-time alerts.
- Competitive total cost of ownership: Nomadix’s solution puts intelligence in the button. Hotels can leverage existing technology investments in access points and IoT as location beacons. Other low cost tags can be added, reducing total cost of ownership.
- Complementary technology: It complements Nomadix Networks full line of WLAN access points, WLAN controllers and LAN switches, and works seamlessly with any on-premises Wi-Fi setup.
- Compliant and easy to use: The solution is easy to install and maintain, and helps hotels meet their commitment to protect their employees. Training is simple, providing a strong return on investment and peace of mind for staff and hoteliers.
Does your company have any news that it would like to share with our readers? If so, we invite you to review our editorial guidelines and submit your press release for publication.